Our nail courses are some of our most popular courses, and for good reason. One, gorgeous nails make clients look and feel great, and two, nail treatments bring repeat business for you as a therapist.
In this blog, I’m going to look at the different nail treatments you might want to offer, and the benefits of training in them for you and your clients.
Manicure training is a great investment, mainly because you’ll learn everything you need to know before you can go onto do other courses. For example, before you can do treatments like Gellux, you need to know about the structure of the nail and different polishing techniques. It’s no surprise, then, that our manicure course is one of our most popular nail courses.
Clients love being pampered and having their hands and nails cared for, and you’ll benefit from regular repeat custom.
Benefits of having manicures on your treatment menu
- You can help clients improve the health of their natural nails;
- The outlay for equipment is low, and there’s the option to upsell nail polishes that clients can use at home;
- Manicures are always popular and you can enhance treatments with little luxuries at extra cost, like heated mitts.
Pedicures are a great addition to any treatment menu. A pedicure can feel like a soothing treat for busy, stressed out clients, and it’s a good treatment to offer as part of a holiday/pamper package alongside other treatments. Many students do their pedicure and manicure courses at the same time.
Benefits of having pedicures on your treatment menu
- It’s a great treatment to add into a package;
- If you want to go down the holistic route, it’s a lovely treatment to combine with other relaxing treatments;
- It’s an opportunity to upsell products like foot scrubs and lotions;
- Just like manicure, a pedicure can be enhanced with extra little touches like heated booties for an extra cost.
Our acrylic nail course is still popular, despite a general shift towards clients preferring gel nails as they tend to be gentler on the natural nail. They take longer to apply than gel nails, but clients get instant additional nail length which they’ll love if they just can’t get their natural nails to grow. Acrylics need regular maintenance, so they’re guaranteed repeat business for you.
Benefits of having acrylic nail extensions on your treatment menu
- Acrylics are generally durable and hard-wearing;
- There are a lot of options available to clients in terms of nail shape, colour, and nail art;
- For you as a therapist, acrylics don’t require a lot of outlay, and if you’re mobile, there’s no UV lamp required to set the nails/polish, so you can travel light!
Our gel nail extension course is becoming ever more popular. It gives clients a bit of a more natural look and you also won’t have any whiffy acrylic vapours to deal with either.
Gel nails can be applied over the nail tip to extend natural nails, or if the client wants stronger natural nails, the gel can be applied over the entire nail. Like acrylics, these need maintenance every 2-3 weeks.
Benefits of having gel extensions on your treatment menu
- If you’re a mobile therapist or your treatment room isn’t well ventilated, you won’t have to deal with strong odours like with acrylics;
- Gel extensions give clients a natural look; perfect for pretty, understated wedding nails;
- If you make a mistake or want to tweak something you can-the nail only sets once it’s been under the UV lamp;
- In terms of transporting and storing your products, there’s less risk of spillages than with acrylic nails because the product comes ready mixed.
Gel polish training is popular because application is quick and easy to learn and it gives clients fast and long-lasting results. Gel polish only takes around 30-45 minutes to do and it will last for up to 3 weeks. For therapists, gel polish treatments can mean a lot of repeat custom. When clients see how much healthier and stronger their natural nails become after having gel polish, it can become addictive!
Benefits of having gel polish treatments on your menu
- It’s a quick and easy treatment to do;
- It’s perfect for clients who want strong healthy nails without nail extensions;
- You can let your creativity shine if you add some nail art to treatments;
If you want to build your business and keep a loyal client base, nail treatments are a great way to go. Our nail technician courses are affordable and are a great investment. It won’t take you long at all to make your money back and you can start earning from day one.
Fancy turning your hand to giving clients the gift of beautiful nails?
Train with us!
If you’re looking to kickstart your beauty career, you’ve come to the right place.
All our courses are taught in small groups which makes for a relaxing learning environment where you’ll get all of the attention you need. Steph, our academy director and trainer, has over 20 years’ experience in the industry so when you book a course with us, you’ll be perfectly prepared to be the most successful therapist that you can be.
For more information on any of our courses, call Steph on 07825337342.